- What Makes Love Last?
- Cheating - Why do Men and Women Cheat?
- Relationship Counselling - Why it's a good idea
- Relationship Counselling - How To Communicate Better
- Change In Relationship Counselling
- All About Love
- Couple Intimacy Exercise
- Relationship Counselling - "Be here Now"
- Stuck Relationship Patterns
- Affairs and Betrayal
Marriage Guidance and Relationship Counselling
Our Approach To Marriage Guidance / Relationship Counselling / Couples Counselling
We understand that it can feel like big step coming to talk about your relationship and often one partner is keen and the other is resistant. We create a safe environment where:
- You both have time to express what you want and to see what the issues are
- Your partner begins to hear what you are saying and vice versa
- You see the bigger picture of what is going on
- You learn communication skills
- You learn about your differences and what you both need
- You find out what is important to you
- You see how to bring back intimacy and loving feelings
- You learn how to manage your emotions and look after yourself better
- You find out how you can set limits over what you will accept and what you won't from your partner.
Weekly or Every Other week Format
- Usually we work for 75 minute sessions as that gives enough time for you to feel you have had a full session and have plenty to work on.
- Come for an assessment session where we can then find times that work for you. You don't need to commit to a regular time. We can work around your other commitments.
Intensive Relationship Counselling Sessions
- Work Intensively on your relationship
- Attend a block of sessions in the same week
We find that working intensively in a commited way can be an effective way of focussing on issues and getting to a resolution.
So what happens in the first session?
We meet for 75 minutes. The counsellor asks you questions about each other.
- We explore what the issues are
- We discover what you both want from counselling
- There's opportunity to say what is going on for each other and find out more about your partner's feelings
- You get to experience how we work and decide whether it feels right for you. Most couples feel a sense of relief and something beginning to change in their relationship after the first session.